Unfortunately I did not think to take step by step photos during the process but I am sure you can follow along.
- First start with buying as many wide mouth quart size canning jars as you will need for your gifts.
- Line them up on your counter to make an assembly line.
- You are going to add one ingredient at a time to each jar. I used this recipe with 2 small changes and a little different order to put the layers how I wanted.
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2c cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Measure exactly to fit it all ingredients in. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer.
- Screw lid on.
- Cover with fabric and tie around neck of jar with ribbon or twine.
- Create label with directions for mix. Attach card to ribbon or make into a label and adhere to jar. Mine were labels adhered to the back of the jar for photo purposes.
Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. 2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir in the entire contents of the jar. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. 3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Lastly, enjoy giving the jars to family and friends. I hope you try these and enjoy some cookies for yourself.